Dixon Mann Tek Safety Break-Away Couplings are designed to minimize spillage and damage associated with pull away incidents. Typically used in ship-to-offshore platform and ship-to-ship product transfer operations.
How it Works: The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment; Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin.
- Marine version, ship-to-offshore platform and ship-to-ship product transfer operations
- Designed to be installed within a hose string where the coupling will have a length of hose attached to both sides
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- Release is executed when force causes bolts to break
- Part Number: MSBC500SSMNPT
- Type: Male NPT x Male NPT
- Material: 316 Stainless Steel
- Seal: FKM (FPM)
- Size: 5 in.
- DN Size: 125
- Length: 14.25 in. (362 mm.)
- Diameter: 10.59 in. (269 mm.)
- Working Pressure: 360 PSI at 70°F (21°C)
- Flow Rate: 1,100 GPM (4,154 LPM)
Service Manual (PDF Download)
Drawing (PDF Download)