Dixon Mann Tek Safety Break-Away Couplings are designed to minimize spillage and damage associated with pull away incidents. Typically used in ship-to-offshore platform and ship-to-ship product transfer operations.
How it Works: The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment; Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin.
- Marine version, ship-to-offshore platform and ship-to-ship product transfer operations
- Designed to be installed within a hose string where the coupling will have a length of hose attached to both sides
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- Release is executed when force causes bolts to break
- Part Number: MSBC200SS
- Type: Female NPT x Female NPT
- Material: 316 Stainless Steel
- Seal: FKM (FPM)
- Size: 2 in.
- DN Size: 50
- Length: 7 in. (178 mm.)
- Diameter: 4 1/2 in. (114 mm.)
- Working Pressure: 360 PSI at 70°F (21°C)
- Flow Rate: 200 GPM (757 LPM)
Drawing (PDF Download)
Service Manual (PDF Download)