Des-Case DC-EX-4 1 in. FNPT Extended Series Desiccant Breather - 4.2 lbs. Silica Gel
Des-Case Extended Series® desiccant breathers combine the trusted materials and design of our Standard breathers with the check-valves of our VentGuard™ and HydroGuard® breathers, plus a new oil mist reducing feature, higher air flows and more than double the desiccant! These high airflow, long-lasting desiccant breathers are ideal for tank farms and large or remote applications.
Applications: Storage tanks, Large gearboxes, Wind turbines, Remote applications
Industries: Wind energy, Storage, Pulp & paper, Mining, Aviation, Manufacturing, Petrochemical
- Six Check-Valves: High-quality umbrella check-valves that won’t clog or stick are located underneath the unit for added protection from washdown environments. Check-valves isolate equipment from ambient conditions prolonging breather life, and protecting system integrity
- Integrated Nylon Standpipe: The integrated standpipe provides excellent vibration resistance and dissipates impact throughout the unit, eliminating weak points. It also allows even airflow distribution throughout the unit, preventing inaccurate readings of desiccant saturation
- Honeycomb Technology Oil Mist Reducer: The oil mist reducer is situated inside the standpipe, made from polypropylene for maximum chemical compatibility. Mimicking nature’s intricate honeycomb design, this feature allows oil mist to coalesce and drain back into the reservoir, rather than compromising the desiccant
- Resilient Polycarbonate Body: Shock-absorbing, clear casing provides reliable service, easy visual maintenance, and UV resistance
- Filter Element: Polyester filter element removes airborne contamination to 3-micron absolute. Unique loops allow particles to release during system exhalation, helping to increase breather life
- Foam Pad: Foam filter captures any oil mist and disperses incoming air evenly over filtration and drying areas
- Water Vapor Adsorbent: Silica gel adsorbs water from incoming air and can hold up to 40% of its weight. Condition is indicated by change of color from blue to light pink
- Secondary Filter Element: Second polyester filter element protects against migration of desiccant dust, providing maximum efficiency
- Threaded Mounting: Internal threads provide durability and stability and can be used with one of several adapters
- Unit Height: 10 in. / 254 mm.
- Unit Diameter: 5.66 in. / 143.88 mm.
- Connection Size: 1 in. Female (FNPT)
- Amount of Silica Gel: 4.2 lbs / 1.91 kg.
- Adsorption Capacity: 27 fl oz. / 798 ml.
- Max. Flow Rate: 24 @ 1 psid cfm
- Max. Flow Rate: 180 gpm / 680 lpm
- Filter Efficiency: 3µ absolute (β₃≥200)
- Operating Temp. Range: -20°F to 200°F
- Operating Temp. Range: -29°C to 93°C
- Suction/Return Rate at 1 psid: 180 gpm / 680 lpm
- Gearbox/Storage Tank Max. Volume: 1,000 gal / 3,785 l
- Hydraulic Reservoir Max. Volume: 400 gal / 1,514 l
Data Sheet (PDF Download)