The Tempest 572-HD fire rescue chainsaw delivers the absolute best in cutting performance, built specifically for the fire service. Using professional-level Husqvarna® powerheads and Tempest exclusive after-market parts. Tested in the world's most rugged environments, the 572HD is ready for demanding work by Fire Fighters. At just 14.5lbs, the 572HD has a better power-to-weight ratio and 12% higher culling capacity than the previous 576HD model. Excellent cooling and heavy-duty filtration maximize reliability, while a smart design accommodates longer guide bars. Available with or without KIS-40 open clamp design aluminum depth gauge.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art filtration system 572HD® carries a large surface heavy duty filter for longer and better filtration. Providing a chainsaw with a healthier engine optimized for long working hours.
- 35% better engine cooling due to cover design in relation to cooling fan design. Air filter cannot be crushed or lost.
- Optional Tool-less compartment entry for easy access to spark plug, air filter, inspection and cleaning of cylinder cooling fins. Helping to greatly reduces filter clogs.
- Tool-less "KIS-40" depth gauge to accurately control cutting depth, protect operator and safely speed cut. Fast, simple installation and removal and eliminates the need to "roll the rafters.
- Ventmaster® COBALT guide bar is made with extremely hard COBALT alloy inserts at the wear points to provide excellent wear galling and impact resistance. Retains these properties even at very high operating temperatures.
- Centrifugal Force Air Cleaning System: Preliminary air intake cleaning rejects 97% of cutting residue and other airborne debris including drywall dust, concrete dust, smoke, water spray and more. Cleaner intake air means longer intervals between filter cleanings, longer runs at full power, less chain damage, smoother operation and reduced internal engine wear.
- Raptor Carbide Chain engineered specifically to withstand the rigors of fire and rescue operations. Has an open "dual raker" design to protect the carbide cutters and control the depth of cut. Tough and versatile enough to cut through: Tar and asphalt roofing, Nails, Light-gauge sheet metal, Wire-reinforced belting, trees and green wood, and more.
- "Smart Start" decompression valve reduce cylinder pressure for less starting resistance and easier starts
- Strong and durable plated steel splash guard to protect the saw during extreme cutting. Mounted with aviation-style star washers to prevent loosening due to vibration.
- Angled full wrap ergonomic handle allows safe operation in any position and protects saw from damage.
- Combined choke/throttle lock/stop switch eliminates flooding and allows fast, convenient starting and One Push positive stop, even with gloves.
- Model no. 572HD-16-DG.404
- 572 XP (X-TorQ) w/Autotune® Carburetor Husqvarna® powerhead
- 5.8 HP power output, 70.6 cc
- Raptor carbide chain
- Carbide chisel type-open dual raker cutter
- 54 Drive teeth
- Pitch: .404
- Blade Gauge 0.063
- 16 in. L bar/blade, flame hardened w/ cobalt alloy nose inserts
- Sprocket with sealed bearing nose type
- 105 dbA Noise level
- 70.2 ft. chain speed @ max, 93.5 ft. @ 133% max chain speed
- Angled full warp handle
- "Glove grip" starter handle
- Splash guard
- 0.185 gallon Fuel capacity
- Fuel : (R=M)/2-87 Octane gasoline or better, 2 stroke oil mixed 50:1
- 0.425 qt. Bar chain oil capacity
Data Sheet (PDF Download)
Manual (PDF Download)