Smart -Hose NH3/Anhydrous Ammonia transfer assemblies are designed and engineered with a valve integrated in each end fitting. If the hose assembly experiences a catastrophic hose failure, the Smart-Hose Safety System is designed to instantaneously shut off the flow in both directions. Designed as a passive safety device, it needs no human intervention to activate.
The Smart-Hose Safety System is integrated into NH3/Anhydrous Ammonia transfer hose assemblies and is designed to meed the most rugged applications found in the fertilizer industry. All NH3/Anhydrous Ammonia transfer hose assemblies are designed to meet DOT HM 225 Standards.
Note: NH3/Anhydrous Ammonia hose assembly doesn't include a break-away coupler.
- LL3 design
- Tested under water with dry air or nitrogen to working and test pressures
- Serial numbered
- Shipped with a test certificate and operating booklet
- Meets U.S. Passive Shutoff Mandate for MC330/331 Transports
- Meets DOT HM225 standards
- 316 stainless steel fittings are designed for reuse on new hose
- Size: 2 in.
- Cover: Black EPDM; perforated, wrapped finish
- Reinforcement: Multiple textile braids
- Tube: Black EPDM
- Temperature: -40°F to 180°F
- Working Pressure: 350 PSI
- Burst Pressure: 1750 PSI
- Coupling Length: 4.74 in.
This Made-to-Order (MTO) item is non-returnable/non-refundable/non-cancellable unless there is a manufacturer defect or warranty issue.
Smart-Hose Proper Hose Use - Care - Maintenance (PDF Download)