Shurjoint Model Z07 is an angle-pad design rigid coupling for general piping applications where rigidity is required including valve connections, mechanical rooms, fire mains and long straight runs. The angle-pad design allows the coupling housings to slide along the bolt pads when tightened. The result is an offset clamping action which provides a rigid joint that resists flexural and torsional loads. Support and hanging requirements correspond to ANSIB31.1, B31.9 and NFPA13.With the removal of only one bolt you can make a fast and easy "swing-over" installation. Z07 couplings should always be installed so that the coupling bolt pads make metal to metal contact
- Heavy duty rigid coupling
- Angle pad
- Orange painted ductile iron
- 1-1/2 in. to 6 in. 750 PSI & 8 in. 600 PSI max. working pressure
- EPDM gasket is approved under NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372 for potable water service to 180°F (82°C). Also good for services for water with acid, water with chlorine, deionized water, seawater and waste water, dilute acids, oil-free air and many chemicals.
- Maximum temperature range -30° F (-34°C) to 230°F (110°C)
- Heat treated carbon manganese steel track bolts meet ASTM A449-83a, minimum tensile strength 110,000 PSI.
- Heavy-duty hexagonal nuts meet ASTM A563T Type 304
- 10 Year limited warranty
Product Manual (PDF Download)