Scully's SP-PY, SP-PYH, and SP-PYFU liquid detection sensors are single point sensors, and are used in numerous top loading applications such as rail cars and chemical trailers. They provide overfill protection by determining when liquid product has reached a predetermined level in the tank compartment.
These sensors are intended for use with Scully control monitors, which incorporates Dynacheck®. Dynacheck® circuitry monitors the sensor, wiring, connections, and its own operation 30 times per second. When a sensor comes in contact with liquid, or if an unlikely fault occurs within the system itself, Dynacheck® signals for the immediate shutdown of the loading operation and/or sounds an audible alarm.
The SP-PY and SP-PYFU sensors are used in unheated liquids. The SP-PYH sensor is used in heated liquids. Each model has an adjustable clamp or coupling depending on its intended use.
Scully SP-PY, SP-PYH and SP-PYFU sensors are portable style units which connect to the rack via a plug and cable. A socket is mounted to the rack for this purpose. They may also be wired directly.
They are hung at the rack location or stored elsewhere when not in use. The sensor is inserted into the tank compartment. An adjustable clamp or coupling lets you determine the sensing level and holds the sensor in place in the tank.
Scully portable sensors are available in aluminum or stainless steel. Units with connection cables that detach from the rack location are also available.
The SP-PY and SP-PYH sensors are compatible with Scully ST-15 series control monitors which have housing and indicator options. SP-PYFU sensors are compatible with Scully ST-35 series control monitors.
- Incorporates Dynacheck®automatic and continuous self-checking circuitry when used with Scully control monitors
- Signals for the immediate shutdown or sounds an audible alarm when the vehicle is fully loaded - Adjustable sensing depth
- Uses proven thermistor or optic sensing technology - Stores easily at the rack location
- Can be used for a wide range of liquid products
- Over 25 years of reliable operation
- Model: 07757
- Material: Aluminum, Viton®, & Borosilicate glass
- Probe Length: 36 in.
- Plug: 4 Pin
- Connector: 2 in. GATX Coupling
- Cord Length: 20 ft. Straight Cord
- Temperature Range: 0° to +200°F(-18°to +93°C)
- Level Repeatability: +/- 1/16 in. (1.6 mm.)
Note: Scully SP-PY, SP-PYH, and SP-PYFU portable sensors are part of an intrinsically safe system using entity parameters in conjunction with Scully control monitors approved by FMC.
The intrinsically safe outputs of these control units allow the sensors to be used in Class I Division 1, Group D Hazardous Locations.
Scully Portable Liquid Level Sensor Technical Datasheet (PDF Download)
Scully ST-35C Technical Data Sheet (PDF Download)