Isolate and protect pressure or vacuum instruments used on ultra-pure or highly corrosive fluid lines.
- Stainless steel hex insert eliminates breakage due to overtightening.
- No exposed top metal fasteners
- Highest pressure rating.
- Offers an inexpensive initial investment.
- Reduces instrument failures.
- Reduces system down time.
- Eliminates the expense and extended delivery of special alloy instruments.
- Offers a choice of select plastic materials to assure maximum chemical and temperature compatibility.
- 1/2" NPT pipe connection x 1/4" stainless steel instrument connection
- Optional 1/2" NPT pipe connection x 1/2" all-plastic connection.
- Also offered with all-plastic housing (no insert).
These chemical gauge guards should be utilized to isolate and protect pressure or vacuum instruments used on ultra-pure or highly corrosive fluid lines. They can be confidently used with liquids such as demineralized water, sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and caustics. Use caution with chlorine applications and consult factory for recommendations. Utilization of Plast-O-Matic gauge guards offers the added advantage of protection against clogging of instruments caused by suspended solids or highly viscous fluids. Plast-O-Matic gauge guards are available with or without gauges.
Materials of Construction
Gauge Guard housings are molded of Grade 1, Type 1, Geon® PVC, Corzan® CPVC, Natural Polypropylene, Glass-filled Polypropylene or Kynar® PVDF. All materials are available with optional acrylic shields. PTFE diaphragms are standard with all assemblies using gauges of 0-30 PSI and greater. For 0-15 PSI and vacuum gauges FKM elastomer diaphragms are used. Non-wetted parts: O-ring seals are Buna-N, fasteners and 1/4" instrument connections are stainless steel. 1/2" instrument connections are direct to upper housing material. Standard Plast-O-Matic gauges have 304 stainless steel cases. Dials are steel with black markings on white backgrounds. Threaded connections are stainless steel, pointers aluminum, and lenses heavy flat glass. Sensing elements are stainless steel bourdon tubes. Liquid used to solidly fill all Plast-O-Matic gauge guards and instruments is a highly refined temperature stable mineral oil that complies with FDA regulations 21 CFR 172.878, 178.3620, and 573.680"