Each GGME Gauge Guard features a durable and flexible diaphragm which serves as a protective barrier between the process fluid and instrument. The internal space on the instrument side of the diaphragm must be solidly filled with a suitable liquid in order to accurately transmit the process pressure to the instrument. Diaphragm Seals are designed for a maximum working pressure of 200 PSI (13.8 bars). Additionally, design of the diaphragm and housing will prevent rupture of the diaphragm in the event of accidental removal of the gauge.
- Diaphragm Seal, instrument isolator, Gauge Guard...no matter what you prefer to call it, this device provides an excellent and important protective barrier between process fluid and the pressure/vacuum gauge or instrument.
- Increase product reliability and reduce system downtime caused by failure of instruments not protected by seals.
- Exceptionally low unit cost - now makes it feasible to protect even moderate priced instruments.
- Compact size makes these isolators ideal for limited-space installations.
- Liquid pressures to 200 PSI with ±4% accuracy. Choice of Buna-N or FKM (Viton) seal will handle most applications.
- Use with gauges, transducers, and pressure switches.
- Simple to fill and install.
- Hermetically-sealed uni-body construction - molded body avoids possibility of dangerous leaks.
- For use with highly aggressive or ultra-pure liquids.
- Diaphragm safety - If the gauge or instrument fractures or is removed from the guard while the system is pressurized, the diaphragm will automatically seal against leakage to the atmosphere.
- Polypropylene bodies for excellent chemical compatibility and temperatures to 185° F (85° C). The upper half (instrument side) is glass-filled polypropylene; the lower half (process side) is 100% natural, unpigmented virgin polypropylene.