Velcon's Aquacon® cartridges, with water absorptive media, chemically traps the water within its structure while also filtering particulates from the fuel. Velcon’s Aquacon Diesel (AD) filters can remove both particulate and water contaminants in fuels to meet stringent downstream ISO 4406 and ASTM D975 cleanliness standards for both diesel or biodiesel fuels. The AD design incorporates multiple layers of both high efficiency long-life particulate retention and water absorbing media.
- Velcon’s 2, 4 or 6 micron rated AD filters are excellent solutions for delivering fuel ready for dispensing while assuring both ISO 4406 and ASTM D975 cleanliness levels are consistently met. Each progressively tighter AD filter rating adds additional particle removal capability and lowers ISO 4406 particle counts
- The 10, 25 and 40 micron rated filters are ideal for managing fuel contamination entering and leaving terminal storage tanks throughout the fuel transfer process"
- All filter components are compatible with diesel and biodiesel blends
- Recommended change out pressure: 25 psid (1.7 bar)
- Water absorbance and particulate retention will increase differential pressure to the change out pressure
- Buna-N sealing materials are standard
- Max. Op. Temp: 150°F (65°C)
- All AD products will remove free and emulsified water from both diesel and biodiesel fuels to levels below 50 ppm
- The water absorbing technology used in AD filters is not effective in the presence of fuels containing high concentrations of alcohol