The Civacon MaxAir? II 5x4 Air Operated Emergency Valve is an optimal choice for petroleum applications. The MaxAir? II series valves are uniquely engineered with no moving parts in the flow path for a superior flow rate.
Civacon's 5x4 MaxAir? II Emergency Valve is designed with an independent external exhaust, which isolates the valve exhaust from the rest of the system. This valve is compatible with diesel, biodiesel, gasoline, ethanol and methanol products. The Viton GFLT and Teflon encapsulated seals provide ultimate product compatibility.
It features an integrated air inlet that allows the unit to close if it becomes sheared in the result of an accident. It incorporates a frangible shear groove per 49CFR178.345-5 tested per TTMA RP 84. A factory installed fusible plug that will melt at a temperature of 212° F (100° C) allowing the valve to deplete air pressure. Also included is a mechanical jack screw for manual operation in the event of air pressure loss.
Operating Pressure Requirements: Minimum of 40 psi (4.83 bar) operating line pressure.
- Designed for petroleum applications
- No moving parts in flow path for superior flow rates and faster drops
- Integrated external exhaust
- Viton GFLT and Teflon encapsulated seals for superior compatibility
- Mechanical jack screw opening allows product to be off-loaded in the event of air pressure loss
- Compatible with 4" TTMA sumps
- Compatible with diesel, biodiesel, gasoline, ethanol and methanol
- Aluminum body and poppet, stainless steel shaft and spring
- Available in a variety of configurations
- Operating Pressure Minimum 40 psi (2.06 bar) line pressure