The OPW 53V Ball Float Vent Valves protrude into underground storage tanks from OPW 233 Series Extractor Fittings at the Stage I vapor return riser pipe or tank vent line. During a product delivery, as the tank level rises, a counterweight stainless steel ball seats on the valve body and restricts flow of vapors back to the transport truck. As the vapors become compressed in the tank (ullage), product flow into the tank is severely restricted.
- Stainless Steel Counterweight Ball Float – Corrosion-resistant for a long service life. Counterweight ensures proper seating of the ball for precision “slow-down” of product flow into the tank.
- Vapor Flow Orifice - A “bleed” hole machined into the body of the valve, sized to properly “slow-down” the delivery flow rate.
- Duragard® Body Coating - Helps prevent rust and corrosion build-up for a smooth seating surface and long service life.
- Various Body Lengths - Accommodate virtually any size tank
- 2 and 3" Body Sizes – 3" size increases vapor flow to reduce product delivery time
- Easy Installation Service and Testing - Both 2" and 3" valves install in OPW 233 Series Extractor Fittings and are easily removed for inspection or tank testing with OPW 89 Extractor Wrench.
- Compatible with 85% Ethanol (E85) or Methanol (M85)
IMPORTANTInstalling the incorrect length OPW 53VML or 30MV Ball Float Vent Valve for your specific application may result in delivery flow restriction at levels exceeding requirements established by the U.S. EPA. Always consult the appropriate tank charts and determine the specifics of your tank installation to determine the appropriate length OPW 53VML or 30MV.
- Pipe nipple: steel
- Coating: black Duragard®
- Basket: stainless steel
- Ball: stainless steel