PBLTX Submersible Level Transmitters are manufactured for years of trouble free service in the harshest applications. Both measure the height of liquid above the position in the tank referenced to atmospheric pressure. The transmitter consists of a piezoresistive sensing element, encased in a 316 SS housing. Perfect for wastewater and slurry applications with features to protect the unit from these demanding applications. Large diameter 316 SS diaphragm seal is non-clogging and damage resistant to floating solids. The PBLTX is UL approved intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier. Units come equipped with a 270-pound tensile strength shielded and vented cable. Ventilation tube in the cable automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure above the tank. The vent is protected with a maintenance free filter eliminating particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer. Applications: Wastewater; Sludge Pits, Clarifiers, Digesters; Alum; Chemical Storage & Oil Tanks; Sumps; Reservoirs.
- Durable cage design with large diameter 316 SS diaphragm seal that is non-clogging and damage resistant to floating solids
- Incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients.
- The PBLTX is UL approved intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier.
- Maintenance free filter eliminates particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer
- 270 lb (122.5 kg) tensile strength shielded and vented cable
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- NPT connection allows the unit to be rigidly installed in a pipe/conduit, or the addition of a A-625 hanging loop for attaching a chain for pulling out of the installation.
- Service: Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials: Body: 316 SS, 316L SS
- Cable: ETFE
- Seals: Fluoroelastomer.
- Accuracy: ±0.25% FS (includes linearity, hysteresis, and repeatability)
- Temperature Limit:PBLTX: ETFE -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C); Polyurethane: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)
- Compensated Temperature Range:PBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C).
- Thermal Effect: ±0.02% FS/°F.
- Pressure Limit:2X FS.
- Power Requirement:PBLTX: 10 to 28 VDC.
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA DC, two wire.
- Response Time: 50 msec
- .Loop Resistance: 900 Ω.
- Electrical Connection: Wire pigtail.
- Mounting Orientation: Suspended in tank below level being measured.
- Electrical Protection: PBLTX: none.
- Weight:4.3 lb (2.0 kg)
- .Agency Approvals:PBLTX: CE, callus intrinsically safe for Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III, Div. 1. (According to control drawing 001833-44)**Up to 196 ft (59.5 m) for ETFE cable; Up to 333 ft (101.5 m) for polyurethane cable.
Product Manual (PDF Download)