Well-suited for bottom-loading applications with vehicles outfitted with Optic sensors, and also suited for overfill protection while top-loading railcars or tank trucks. Generates a unique, pulsed - and intrinsically safe - electrical signal that is transmitted to the sensors via a coiled cord and optic-format plug. When sensors on the transport are dry a signal is returned to the monitor. If the signal meets pre-determined characteristics the monitor goes to a "permissive" state, which changes the status light on the front of the 8100 Series Optic Rack Monitor from red ("non-permissive") to green ("permissive").
If the sensor becomes wet, the relay is opened and the status light changes from green to red (non-permissive), shutting down the loading process. The Model 8130 Optic Monitor with Ground Verification includes displayed status of the optic sensor ("permissive" or "non-permissive") and mode of operation. If the bypass mode is activated the green and red status lights will flash alternately. If the monitor does not receive a proper ground verification signal, the red status light will flash repeatedly, shutting down the loading process. Ground verification cannot be bypassed.
Notes: Civacon's 8130DL Overfill Detection and Ground Verification Monitor offers both single compartment 2-wire, as well as 5-wire sensor/refueler compatibility and includes integral electronic deadman (input) control. Fully compatible and compliant with NFPA 407-17's primary shutdown system requirements.
- Fully compatible and compliant with NFPA 407-17's primary shutdown system requirements
- Combined optic monitoring with ground verification in a single unit
- Monitors up to 12 optic compartments
- Utilizes industry standard optic signal format
- LED lamps provide long life, reliability
- Light-weight yet rugged; easy to handle, mount and install
- Available with exclusive "Smart Remote" tamper-resistant keyed bypass switch; provides flexibility and increased safety
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
- Input Requirements: 120 VAC 60 Hz, 10VA (240 VAC Also Available)
- Output Relay Contacts: 240VAC - 5A
- Response Time: 0.5 Seconds Maximum, Dry to Wet Transition
- Electrical Connections: Internal Terminal Strips
- Enclosures: NEMA 4 Explosion Proof Aluminum Housing
- Approvals: UL/CUL Class I, Division I, Groups C & D
Installation and Wiring Instructions Manual (PDF Download)