Cata-Dyne MK2424-211111 explosion proof infrared gas catalytic heater.
Our Cata-Dyne™ MKII Series explosion-proof catalytic heater has sleek side mount controls ideal for customers seeking to reduce costs with easier and quicker heater installation.
Applications - The Cata-Dyne™ MKII Series heaters are used in many different applications that involve spot or space heating where hazardous materials may be present.
• comfort heating for industrial buildings and installations
• freeze protection for equipment or components
• drying or curing processes
Certifications The Cata-Dyne™ MKII Series explosion-proof catalytic heater is approved for the following: • Canadian Standards Association (CSA) for use in Class I, Division 1 & 2, Group D hazardous locations • Factory Mutual (FM) for use in Class I, Division 1, Group D hazardous locations. Temperature code T2C at an ambient temperature of 40°C (104°F)
- Heater box constructed of 300 series stainless steel for corrosion protection
- Cata-Dyne™ proprietary explosion-proof catalyst pad.
- Standard 3/8” NPT gas connections
- Cata-Dyne™ heaters are designed to operate on either natural gas or propane
- Cata-Dyne™ heaters do not require electrical power to operate once they have been started
- Our QuikSTART heater technology reaches the catalytic threshold faster, bringing the heater to full operating temperature in half the time
- Shorter thermocouple is nickel plated with an added polymer sleeve to enhance the corrosion protection for a stronger electromagnetic connection to the safety shut-off valve (SSOV)
- All gas control components as well as all electrical connections are side mounted for easy installation and access
- Side mounted rating plate for easy visibility
- Single start-up element with the same power and wattage rating as used in the standard WX heater's dual elements
- Heater contains no moving parts and is designed to operate indefinitely when supplied with air and clean fuel
- Internal heater components such as our proprietary catalyst pad and preheat Caloritech™ tubular element are manufactured in-house
- BTU/Hr: 20,000
- Certifications: CSA FM
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Minimum Temperature: -40°F (-40°C) Ambient
- Maximum Temperature: 104°F (40°C) Ambient
- Voltage: 120-1Ø
- Watts: 500
- Amps: 4.2