Titan's YS58 has convenient gauge taps furnished with a plug on both the inlet and outlet sides of sizes 2 - 8 in. These taps allow for easy installation of pressure gauges to monitor differential pressure and determine when screen cleaning is necessary. Additionally, sizes 2 - 6 in. have an extra boss for custom gauge tapping.
Titan Flow Control's ANSI Class 125 Cast Iron Y-Strainers are installed in a piping system to remove unwanted debris from the pipeline, protecting expensive equipment downstream such as pumps, meters, spray nozzles, compressors, turbines, and much more. Y strainers can be installed in a horizontal or vertical pipeline as long as the screen is in a downward position. Straining is accomplished via an internal perforated or mesh lined straining element, the size which should be determined based on the size of the smallest particle to be removed.
Replacement screens and gaskets available. Please call 1 (800) 333-3331 for more information.
Note: The straining element needs regular cleaning to prevent debris build up. It is not advisable to allow the differential pressure to increase by 20 PSI. Although cleaning normally requires the removal of the straining element, installing and using a Titan Blow-Off Drain Valve can increase the time between cleanings.
- Large Straining Capacity: With its large body and sizable straining element, the YS58 provides excellent open area ratios that are typically two-and-a-half times larger than the corresponding pipeline
- Precision Machined Seats: Precision machined screen seats in both the body and cap help to ensure accurate positioning for the screen during reassembly after cleaning - Also, the machined body seats enable finer filtration by preventing debris bypass
- Self Cleaning Capability: With a tapped NPT blow-off connection this unit can be fitted with a blow-down valve which facilitates cleaning of the straining element
- Epoxy Painted: All units are epoxy painted to help resist rust and corrosion
- Optional Cover Designs: Titan's YS58 is available with different cover options including sing, clamp, and hinge type covers - Please call for more details
- Sizes: 2 - 8 in. - Larger sizes available - Please call for more information
- End Type: Flanged
- Material: Cast Iron (A126 Gr. B) - Lead Free
- Type: Y (Wye) Strainer
- ANSI Class: 125
- Pressure/Temperature Rating: 200 PSI @ 150°F
- Referenced Standards & Codes: ASME/ANSI B16.1 - Cast Iron Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- 2 - 4 in. Standard Screen Selections:
- Liquid: 1/16 (.0625)
- Open Area: 51.8%
- 5 - 8 in. Standard Screen Selections:
- Liquid: 1/8 (.125)
- Open Area: 40%
Y Strainer - Installation - Operation - Maintenance Manual (PDF Download)
Titan Flow Control Screen Order Forms (PDF Download)