Velcon’s DI coalescers in combination with DSO separators, contaminated fuels are cleaned to a level that meets stringent downstream fuel cleanliness standards for petroleum based diesel fuels.
The first stage in the DI coalescer removes particles through an inside-out flow and coalesces emulsified water into large droplets, which then fall to the housing sump.
In the second stage, an outside-in process, the DSO separator creates a hydrophobic barrier to block the coalesced water droplets from flowing downstream of the housing.
This multi-stage design assures the fuel is conditioned to a clean and dry state, ready for use.Surfactants:
- Water coalescing is not effective in the presence of fuels containing high levels of surfactants/alcohols or unrefined biofuels
- Detergents and additives inhibits the ability of coalescers to effectively remove water by reducing Interfacial Tension (IFT) and can eventually disarm coalescers
- Extended equipment up-time
- Reduced operating costs
- Reliable fuel injector performance
- Reduced fuel system maintenance
- Filter Type: Coalescer
- Brand: CLEANDiesel®
- Fluid Compatibility: Petroleum Based Diesel Fuels
- Micron Rating: 10 - Provides effective particle removal with industry proven coalescing technology
- Inside Diameter: 3.5 in.
- Outside Diameter: 6 in.
- Length: 27.875 in.
- Filter Construction: Fiberglass
- End Cap Configuration: Threaded Base
- Seal Material: Buna-N
- pH Range: 5 - 9 - Continuous Operation
- Flow Rate: Depends on Fluid Viscosity and Application
- Maximum Burst Pressure: 75 PSI (5.2 Bar)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 150°F (65°C)
- Changeout Pressure Differential: 25 PSI (1.7 Bar)
- Downstream Free-Water Level Typically Below 50 ppm
- DI - Coalescer Flow Direction - Inside to Outside
- DSO - Separator Flow Direction - Outside to Inside