Flame arresters provide a positive barrier that keeps flames from passing through the normal vent line into a storage tank’s vapor space.
Note: Vacuum Setting 1.0 oz / sq. Inch
- Directs vapors outward and upward in accordance with NFPA 30
- Protects the vent line from debris and insects
- Water resistant rain cap sheds water away from the vent line
- Body and cover: Cast iron
- Arrester Plates: Stainless steel
- Arrester grid housing: Brass
- Do not use with acetylene, carbon disulfide, etheleneoxide or hydrogen gases. For use with normal hydrocarbon flames such as gasoline in air.
- Routine inspection is required to ensure airways are clear and free of debris. Blocked airways can cause structural deformation of the tank.