Required on underground tank motor fueling systems. The emergency shutoff valve, or “impact valve”, is installed on the fuel line directly under the dispenser. It is intended to shut off the flow of product in the event of impact and/or fire involving the dispenser.
In normal operation, the valve is left open, held in position by a fusible link. A shear section is located in the upper half of the valve and must be installed level with the base of the dispenser. In an emergency, the handle releases and the spring-loaded poppet assembly will close.
Important Warning: This valve requires periodic inspection to ensure the shutoff mechanism is operating correctly. Always shut off the power to the dispenser when changing filters or doing maintenance. This valve is not intended to be used as a “block valve” and should not be opened under pressure. Opening under pressure can damage or distort internal components.
- 2″ x 2″ size is low profile, simplifying the installation
- High flow capacity
- Fusible link melts and closes the valve at 165°F
- When properly anchored, the valve breaks upon impact at the integral shear grove, closing the valve
- Top threaded connections available in male, female or union top
- Integral test port allows the piping system to be tested without breaking piping connections
- Body and shear section… Cast iron (e-coated)
- Disc… Viton®
- O-rings… Viton®
- Gasket… Graphite
- Shaft… Stainless steel
- Handle… Aluminum