Civacon cane probes provide a portable and flexible solution to overfill requirements. This overfill detection probe can be used when a permanent sensor cannot be affixed to a tank or railcar. Manufactured to help prevent damage to the probe with a rugged prism guard that protects the optic sensors. Product or environmental temperature variations won’t affect the cane probe’s performance. This flexible technology allows you to adapt the cane probe for varying overfill needs.
OperationThe probes come in standard 20”, 36”, 48” and 60” lengths, with a coiled cord and a 7-way plug which easily attaches to our cane probe junction box. This feature allows the probe to easily be removed for storage or transferred to another loading point. Sensing point detection is achieved by adjusting the knob located on the cane probe clamp. Three styles of cane probes are available. A clamp-type for open dome sensing, a Kamlok-type for closed systems and a Universal-type for both chemical domes and petroleum manholes.
- Universal clamp design permits easy secure attachment to petroleum or chemical manholes rings
- Rugged prism guard design protects optic sensor
- Industry standard, 5-wire optic format
- Modular design requires no hardwiring for easy portability
- Teflon seals for optimum sensor life
- Stainless steel construction stands up to real-world handling and resists corrosion
- Coiled cord allows for maximum flexibility